MATTHEW BLOUNT POST 555
P E L H A M, A L A B A M A
American Legion Auxiliary
What We Do
American Legion Auxiliary (ALA) members and volunteers step up to advance our mission of service to veterans, military and their families! Our annual volunteer service is worth nearly $2 billion!
This past year alone, ALA members:
Volunteered more than 8 million hours in mission service, with 6.6 million hours dedicated to serving veterans at home, in hospitals, and in shelters; and helped 324 million active-duty military families.
Raised and donated nearly $36 million for mission service, with more than $5 million raised from Poppy Program donations, nearly $3 million awarded in scholarships, and $1.8 million spent aiding military families.
Over the years, The American Legion Family has influenced considerable social change in America, won hundreds of benefits for veterans, helped military families through transition and produced many important programs for our country’s youth.
Today, ALA members across the country are helping military families cope with the effects of multiple deployments. The toll on our all-volunteer force and their families has been enormous. The Auxiliary’s efforts are focused in three primary areas:
Veterans/Military Support & Advocacy
Mission & Vision
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
▪ In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
▪ To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
▪ To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
▪ To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
▪ To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
▪ To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
▪ To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
▪ To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through
Service Not Self
Our statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes:
▪ Commitment to the four founding principles: Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Loyalty
▪ Service to God, our country, its veterans and their families
▪ Tradition of patriotism and citizenship
▪ Personal integrity and family values
▪ Respect for the uniqueness of individual members
▪ Truthful open communication in dealing with the public and our members
▪ Adherence to the adopted policies and rules
Auxiliary Membership Application
This is what you need to do to join the American Legion Matthew Blount Post 555 Auxiliary
1. Complete application form
2. Check for $35 for new members payable to:
“American Legion Matthew Blount Post 555”
3. Either mail the form and membership fee or bring to the next meeting on the first Thursday of the month at 1900 hours.
American Legion Post 555
50 Racquet Club Parkway
Pelham, AL 35124
If you have any questions, either send an email email@example.com or call our Office at (205) 678-1375 and we will be happy to help you.
American Legion Matthew Blount Post 555
50 Racquet Club Parkway
Pelham, Alabama 35124