Matthew Blount Post 555
Goals and Objectives
1) Develop initiatives to achieve programs that would lead to the American Legion “Post Excellence Award”.
- Maintain 100% Filled Officer Positions
- Obtain 100% memberships by end of 2015 calendar year
- Maintain 100% membership renewal for 2015-2016
- Obtain Legion Riders members to 15 for 2015-2016
- Obtain 100% DD-214 Membership documents by end of December 31, 2015
- Complete Post excellence requirements for 2016 consideration
2) Project a positive professional image in the local community and throughout the state of Alabama.
- Legionnaires positive and professional participation in all the Post supported activities
- Participation in local Community Support Activities in 2015
- Develop Community Service Projects in 2015
3) Distinguish Post 555 as a model of success in Alabama.
- Successfully initiating & supporting Boys and Girls State local participation for 2015 and ongoing
- Successfully initiating & supporting local school Oratorical Program for 2015 and ongoing
- Successfully initiating & supporting American Legion Baseball Team for 2015 and ongoing
- Initiated and completed Community service project that included local youth and legionnaires for 2015
- Chairperson for each program needs to develop Operational Guidelines for their program
4) Develop Service Officer Program Initiatives for Veterans and provide the service.
- Publicize Service Officer Program availability to veterans for 2015
- Tailor a local Service Officer program to meet the needs of veterans for 2015
5) Develop and maintain Operational and Organizational Structure.
- Initiated, designed and successfully completed a functioning Organizational Structure
- Recruited and assigned Post members to all positions
- Consistently operationalize and adjust this framework as necessary to meet needs
- Chairperson for each program needs to develop an Operating Budget for 2016 by September 30, 2015
6) Develop an Organization Document Review Committee.
- Review and revise where necessary, all Post 555 operative documents under the direction of the Judge Advocate